Listen now on your favorite podcast platform:
Join us today for a very animated conversation between Manuel Gil del Real and David Gil as we cover a number of topics in the news this week.
- We start by commenting on Apple’s new products announced on September 10. Is the new iPhone a hit or a miss? It depends on whom you ask.
- In the meantime, California Labor Bill passage is a blow to Uber and Lyft but Uber doesn’t care. We’ll tell you why.
- Instagram has a problem with fake accounts and advertisers are paying $1.3B to influencers that may not even be real or that have very little influence. Who’s accountable for that?
- TikTok is growing fast but other platforms are also taking notice and now Instagram is planning on mirroring some of TikTok’s most successful features… something Snapchat knows something about…
- Finally, Slack disappointed investors last quarter. Competition is growing and Microsoft is launching their own “Microsoft Teams” to lure away some of Slack’s users.
- Apple’s Event Summary
- California Vs. Uber
- Instagram Fake Followers
- Instagram Copies TikTok
- Under the Influence – How to Fake Your Way Into Getting Rich on Instagram by Trey Ratcliff
- Slack Q2 Earnings
All that and more in this episode of MGR Unplugged.
Check our other stuff out too: