Listen now on your favorite podcast platform:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | Overcast
“Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.” John Wanamaker
Well, it doesn’t have to be that way. In this episode, Manuel Gil del Real and David Gil dissect the analytics data that that you should be looking at to gauge your campaign performance. We talk about:
- Analytics and overall campaign tracking
- Google Analytics Metrics. Understanding Sessions, Visitors, Data Discrepancies among different platforms, Time on Page, Avg. Pages Visited, Bounce Rate, etc.
- Cookies versus Pixels, Tags and other methods to track visitors
- Browsers settings, cookies expiration, java script, incognito mode
- Facebook Analytics, Google Tag Manager functionality
- Cross domain tracking – when the conversion takes place at a different domain
- Retargeting Windows. Finding the proper time frame for each campaign.
- Measuring Click Through and View Through conversions.
- Impression Assisted Conversions. How much weight should you assign to them.
- Attribution Models (First Click – Last Click, Linear, Weight Based), Pros and Cons of each of them.
- Putting it all together. Focusing on the big picture.
- The Winding Road to Measuring Attribution
- Facebook Attribution Explained
- Google’s New Plan for Last Click Attribution
- Comparing Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics
- Understanding Google Analytics Bounce Rate
- Shopify Analytics Discrepancies with Other Software Analytics
All that and more in this episode of MGR Unplugged.Check our other stuff out too: