- You must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and other laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email. In addition, your bulk and commercial email must meet the following requirements:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor the recipient’s and the MGR Consulting Group Cloud’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request;
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to revoke their consent — such as a link in the body of the email, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line; you honor revocations of consent within 48 hours, and you notify recipients that the revocation of their consent will be implemented in 48 hours;
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You must not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipient’s e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail;
- You must not attempt to send any message to an email address if 3 consecutive delivery rejections have occurred and the time between the third rejection and the first rejection is longer than fifteen days;
These policies apply to messages sent using the services, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via the services. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists created by third parties to the same extent as if you created the list.
MGR Consulting Group may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time. In addition, MGR Consulting Group may block the transmission of email that violates these provisions. MGR Consulting Group may, at its discretion, require certain customers to seek advance approval for bulk and commercial email, which approval will not be granted unless the customer can demonstrate that all of the requirements stated above will be met.